Each week as Shabbat approaches, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- New online magazine Halah is “dedicated to showcasing Israeli literature in English. Born out of Jerusalism’s in-person events, Halah serves as the primary English-language platform dedicated to contemporary Israeli literary work.”
- Latest award news: “Max Gross is the winner of the Association of Jewish Libraries (AJL) Jewish Fiction Award for his novel The Lost Shtetl, published by HarperVia, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.”
- I’ve struggled to articulate my response to one of the fall season’s buzzed-about Jewish novels. Not for the first time, I’m grateful for (and somewhat in awe of) an Adam Kirsch review, which says it all.
- Purim is coming! No better time to focus on one of my favorite novels from 2020, The Book of V. by Anna Solomon. Happily, the author (who is a friend) will be in conversation with Sivan Rotholz (another friend!) next week, for this free event hosted by Ritualwell. Please join!
- And icymi: I took part in yesterday’s #PBPitch event on Twitter. There, I disclosed the focus of my first completed picture-book manuscript!