Finds for Writers
Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Fifty (count ’em!) newly streaming recordings from the Archive of Recorded Poetry and Literature at the Library of Congress.
- Lovely column by Jane Brody on the healing powers of poetry.
- Minnesota’s been on many people’s minds lately—and not for uplifting reasons. All the more reason to pay attention to something different: Laurie Hertzel’s “A New Exhibit Argues for the Timeliness of Famed Minnesota Author Sinclair Lewis.” (Confession: I’ve had a soft spot for Lewis since the time he was the focus of a high-school research paper.)
- A veritable mini-craft-lesson on the use of second person in (flash) fiction, courtesy of Kathy Fish.
- And there’s a nice new batch of Jewish Literary Links waiting for you over on the My Machberet blog.
Have a good weekend, everyone.