Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- First things first: Yes, the August newsletter went out to subscribers this morning! (If you’re not yet a subscriber, you can also find it archived on Substack.) It’s packed with 40+ fee-free, paying opportunities for you and your writing, plus, as this month’s “featured resource,” an updated list of publications that welcome flash nonfiction/micro-essays.
- Quite possibly a future featured resource for the aforementioned newsletter: Becky Tuch’s series of interviews with litmag editors.
- I’m happy to pass along a terrific piece that I encountered this week through the flash-fiction workshop I’m currently taking (taught by Sara Lippmann): a 2007 interview with Victor LaValle that’s focused on narrative voice.
- Coincidentally, voice is also the focus (albeit with a different slant) of a recent guest post by Catherine Baab-Muguira on Jane Friedman’s site.
- And of course, you’ll find a fresh set of Jewish-literary links posted over on the My Machberet blog.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!