Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- First things first: The January 2022 issue of The Practicing Writer 2.0 went out to subscribers this morning. Please check your email, subscribers! (Not-yet-subscribers can find the issue posted on Substack.)
- Over on the Writer’s Digest site, Christine Evans shares 10 basic tips for “marketing your children’s book” (and frankly, most of them are fundamentals that I recommend for authors of books for grown-ups, too).
- In case you missed them: Recordings of the New York Society Library’s fall literary events are now available for streaming.
- From Amanda Gorman: a new poem for the new year.
- And you’ll find the final set of Jewish-lit links for 2021 posted over on the My Machberet blog, too.
Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy new year, and a safe and pleasant weekend!