Finds for Writers
Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- I have not yet had the chance to watch the recording of the PEN America Town Hall Meeting: Writers on Self-Censorship, but I certainly have appreciated this excerpt from Ayad Akhtar’s remarks (via Shelf Awareness).
- Over on the Poynter site: an illuminating take on a self-publishing journey, by Chip Scanlan—and you may find the book at the heart of the project worth checking out, too (via Nieman Storyboard).
- Notwithstanding my characteristic stubbornness (I’m a Taurus, after all), I’m mulling over Allison K. Williams’s latest advice as posted over on the Brevity blog, because I think it could be useful for me as the new year begins.
- Bookmark this one (by Shutta Crum on the website of the Florida Writers Association) for year-round ideas for your writer-friends: “No More Journals! (Better Gifts for Writers),” which I discovered thanks to Frances Caballo.
- And of course, you’ll find a fresh set of Jewish Literary Links over on the My Machberet blog. (For some late-breaking additions to the compilation, check out this Twitter thread.)
Have a good, safe weekend, everyone.