Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- In which a former student recalls his time studying writing in Alex Haley’s class (Michael Patrick Hearn for The New York Times Book Review).
- Also from The Times: a guide to books by Joan Didion (1934-2021), compiled by Tina Jordan.
- In case you missed them: Writer’s Digest‘s “21 Most Popular Writing Posts of 2021,” presented by Robert Lee Brewer.
- Another year-in-review aggregation: 2021’s new publishers and agents, as gathered by Jane Friedman/The Hot Sheet.
- And, yes, there’s a fresh set of Jewish literary links posted over on the My Machberet blog (including a call for info from writers with relevant 2022 debut books on the near horizon).
Wishing a very Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and a good weekend to the rest of us, too!