Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- On the “public uttering” of what we’ve written—reflections from Jami Attenberg.
- One writer’s take on the short-story submission process (Benjamin Davis for Lit Mag News Roundup).
- “Tips for helping your students pitch their ideas — and themselves — in a freelance world,” featuring a handout by Jacquie Marino, as presented by Poynter’s Barbara Allen. (Hat tip: Mandy Hofmockel.)
- I’ll confess that this overview of the past quarter-century in book publicity left me overwhelmed—and a little sad. (Hat tip: The Literary Saloon.)
- And of course, you’ll find a new set of Jewish literary links posted over on the My Machberet blog.
Wishing everyone a good weekend.