Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- “Jewish Book Council is excited to announce that, for the first time, we are accepting proposals for author-led panels for the 2022 JBC Virtual Writers’ Conference, which will take place in November 2022.” Deadline: July 11.
- “CJP and JArts are proud to launch the 3rd cohort of the Community Creative Fellowship for two Boston-area creatives. We invite creatives in all artistic media – visual artists, performers, writers, chefs, coders, and others – to apply.” Deadline: July 28.
- The Jewish Children’s Book Awards for story and illustration, which “aim to celebrate the work of talented Jewish children’s book authors and illustrators living in Europe and the UK,” have announced the guidelines for its second cycle. Deadline: November 18.
- If you’re not already acquainted with Ukraine-born poet and translator Boris Drayluk, Jake Marmer’s “Hollywood Echoes of Odessa” (Tablet) offers an introduction.
- And a hearty Mazal Tov to everyone honored this week by the 41st Annual Simon Rockower Awards for achievements in Jewish media.