Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- I spent part of last weekend reading the print edition of The Atlantic, and I loved James Parker’s “An Ode to My Thesaurus” at the issue’s conclusion.
- Mark your calendars: The next iteration of Jami Attenberg’s “Mini” #1000WordsOfSummer “will be held August 7-12, 2022. We will write 1000 words a day for 6 days straight, and you will get a letter each morning” from Attenberg.
- Gratitude to Trish Hopkinson, who has announced that her very useful resource website will be going on hiatus.
- If you have a few moments to help out an MFA candidate: Leslie Stonebraker is surveying writers about “the writing life” for her upcoming VCFA graduating lecture (deadline: August 3).
- And there’s a new set of Jewish-lit links over on the My Machberet blog, kicking off with some essential words about Anne Frank’s diary from critic and biographer Ruth Franklin.
Here’s to a good, safe weekend for everyone.