Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Enjoyed Rita Zoey Chin’s take on “7 Writing Tips That Also Apply to Life” (Writer’s Digest).
- “A better way to teach writing? Try journalism.” (Instead of ye olde composition course, anyway.) So advises Elizabeth Toohey in a compelling (longish) article for Nieman Storyboard.
- Select content from the new (November-December 2022) issue of Poets & Writers is now online. Among the highlights: Aaron Gilbreath’s “Getting Paid.” (Reading that article has prompted me to re-up one of my own pieces, “Making Poetry Pay: Five Ways to Increase Your Poetry Income.”)
- Over on the Brevity blog, Amy Goldmacher extols “The Power of Constraints to Unlock Creativity” (to me, the constraints function a lot like prompts).
- Over on the My Machberet blog: the latest Jewish lit links.
Have a great weekend.