Jewish Literary Links
Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- “The 2022/3 Wingate Literary Prize long list explores a diverse range of important themes this year, including pogroms in early 20th century Ukraine, love in virtual worlds and unsung heroes, with an equal split of fiction and non-fiction….The Wingate Prize short list will be announced late January and the winner will be announced in March.”
- Treat yourself to this recording of a recent virtual session with Sarah Sassoon, featuring an amazing presentation on Iraqi Jewish history as well as information on Sassoon’s new picture book.
- While we’re on the subject of children’s books: Check out Rachel Fremmer’s assortment of “The Best Jewish Children’s Books of 2022” (for Tablet).
- If you’re not already a ChaiFlicks subscriber, you’ll want to consider taking advantage of their current free streaming offer: hanukkahfilmfestival.com (URL notwithstanding, the film and television offerings are not limited to Hanukkah content).
- And a timely update from JewishFiction.net: “Welcome to our Chanukah issue! Here you’ll find 12 superb stories, originally written in Yiddish, Hebrew, and English. (For more details, see our Preface.) And some exciting news: Academic Studies Press will be publishing an anthology of fiction from Jewish Fiction .net – 18 stories, each translated into English from a different language! This book will come out this fall, so keep your eyes open for updates.”
Shabbat shalom and Chag Hanukkah Sameach!