Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- My head hurt after I read this piece by Becky Tuch regarding various litmag shenanigans—but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth reading.
- A comment in Rebecca Makkai’s recent “By the Book” interview—”I wish I could hear more about the details and peculiarities of characters’ jobs”—inspired me to revisit this piece of mine.
- I appreciate this mini-craft lesson (fiction focus) from Adam O’Fallon Price (on Twitter).
- “Bookshop.org to Sell E-books, Publish First Print Title.” Details via Ed Nawotka/Publishers Weekly.
- And of course, there’s a fresh batch of Jewish literary links (including a new fellowship opportunity) posted over on the My Machberet blog.
Wishing everyone a good weekend.