Finds for Writers
Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- “As Classic Novels Get Revised for Today’s Readers, a Debate About Where to Draw the Line”: coverage from Alexandra Alter and Elizabeth A. Harris (I’ve unlocked this article from The New York Times).
- “Writing Mistakes Writers Make: Basic Character Descriptions” from Moriah Richard/Writer’s Digest.
- On the Brevity blog: a beautiful post by Joselin Linder about the writer for whom the Josie Rubio Scholarship is named (and information about how to apply for that scholarship).
- “Gracious Under Pressure: How Not To Be the Person at the Reading Everyone Dislikes”: must-read (and must-follow!) advice from Christine Sneed.
- And please don’t miss the latest Jewish-lit links over on the My Machberet blog—they’re worth your time (and I’m not saying that only because my own latest byline is included!).
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.