Finds for Writers
Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Ever feel as though your writing is in a rut? Nieman Storyboard editor Jacqui Banaszynski’s advice for journalists in that situation seems applicable for other writers, too.
- “How to Find Comp Titles Using ChatGPT”: advice from John Matthew Fox (on Jane Friedman’s site).
- Per Jay Peters (for The Verge), Substack’s Notes “could prove to be a worthy Twitter alternative for some, especially for Substack writers who have already built audiences on the platform.” (Reminder: Substack is where The Practicing Writer 2.0 is hosted, and lots of opportunities in the April issue remain open for you to consider.)
- Select content from the May-June 2023 issue of Poets & Writers magazine is now available to all online.
- And please don’t miss the latest Jewish literary links as compiled on My Machberet, including a preview of Jewish American Heritage Month (#JAHM); a new Global Jewish Literary Alliance; reading in (and about) Israel; and remembering author Meir Shalev (1948-2023).
Have a good weekend.