Writing-related resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Yes, I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted a more “typical” set of Finds. So November is already decidedly underway, and I’m only just now reminding you that if you’re in search of some fresh poetry prompts, you may want to check out the November Poem-A-Day (PAD) Challenge over on the Writer’s Digest site.
- Something else that’s already more than a week old: “Writing ‘Maid’ Pulled Stephanie Land Out of Poverty. She’s Fine Now, Right?” (gift link).
- An announcement: “Working Together to Protect the Authenticity of Ratings and Reviews on Goodreads.”
- By poetry-journal editor Mark Danowsky: “Demystifying the Editor/Writer Relationship: Submission and Etiquette Guidelines.” In Lit Mag News.
- And yes, of course, you’ll find another set of Jewish-lit links over on the My Machberet blog. I hope you’ll check them out. Included there is an open letter that I’ve signed, and that I hope you’ll review and consider signing, too. (It welcomes signatures from Jews and allies, worldwide.)
Wishing everyone a good weekend. If you’re planning to spend time researching opportunities for your writing, make sure you’ve checked our latest Practicing Writer newsletter and supplementary “Markets and Jobs” blog posts.