So, last week I told you about my initial foray into the world of permissions. I’m glad to tell you that there’s already an update to share.
Briefly: I have, indeed, heard back from the Big Publishing House I mentioned last Thursday. They e-mailed me with a request for further information. And here’s what they asked for:
–the page number in the book where the excerpt appears
–anticipated number of book copies to be published
–whether the book is a trade volume, a textbook, or a scholarly work
–estimated price of the book
–the book’s market (U.S., Canada, worldwide)
–whether the book will be published in hardcover or paperback (or both)
–scheduled date of publication
–daytime phone number
–desired term of license
After some consultation with my publisher, I sent off an e-mail with the replies. Now it’s back to waiting. I really hope the Big Publishing House comes back with something generous (or at least, reasonable). Think good thoughts for me, please!