Monday Morning Markets/Jobs/Opportunities
- Resource alert! The next (October) issue of The Practicing Writer, a free e-newsletter for poets, fictionists, and writers of creative nonfiction, will go out to subscribers on Thursday. As usual, it will be filled with submission calls (paying opportunities only!), no-fee contest and competition announcements, and much more. Not yet a subscriber? Join us!
- I’m a fan of residency programs, but rarely do I stumble on an announcement that simply makes me long to be awarded a residency in a particular program. But that’s exactly what happened when I discovered the Brown Foundation Fellows Program at the Dora Maar House in Ménerbes, France.
- The Writer magazine’s blog lets us in on a really neat-sounding part-time freelance writing/blogging gig at Milwaukee’s Pfister Hotel.
- Jane Friedman shares 7 no-cost writing competitions that can yield excellent professional results.
- Teaching jobs I learned about this past week: The University of Maine at Farmington seeks an Assistant Professor in Creative Writing “with significant credits in writing for film or television. Additional qualifications and publications in journalism and/or fiction would be welcome.” Bridgewater State University (Mass.) is also looking to hire an Assistant Professor (with a fiction specialty). The University of Southern Mississippi will be hiring an Associate/Full Professor to serve as a Distinguished Senior Fiction Writer. And the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is looking for “an advanced associate professor or a full professor to serve as the Glenna Luschei Professor and Editor of Prairie Schooner” (the applicant should have “a distinguished publication record as a poet, significant experience as an editor of creative works, a record of excellent teaching, and an active creative/research program.”
- And some non-teaching jobs: DePaul University (Ill.) is looking for a Senior Writer, Penland School of Crafts (N.C.) seeks a Communications and Marketing Associate, and Heyday Books (Calif.) is advertising for a Marketing/Publicity Director.