Writing-related resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Meet Sarah Yerkes, debut poet (at the age of 101).
- And find out how bookseller Sarah McNally spends her Sundays.
- From Aviya Kushner: “August is Women in Translation Month. Did you know that women writers are drastically underrepresented on the world stage? Without translation, women writers can only have local careers. I’m tweeting some books written by women & translated by women, and hope you will too.”
- Lisa Mecham asked writers to give a shoutout to literary journals that published them early on. A lovely thread followed.
- And over on the My Machberet blog, there’s a fresh batch of Jewish-lit links.
Happy weekend, all.