Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- In the first of the Kiddush Book Club podcast’s series of episodes dedicated to the new It’s a Whole Spiel YA anthology, the hosts “have a l’chaim” and talk to anthology contributing authors Goldy Moldovsky, Dahlia Adler, and Elie Lichtschein.
- “Diversity needs Jewish books.” Amen to that, Heidi Rabinowitz, and thanks for your post. (For now, I’ll just add that this argument/issue extends beyond kidlit.)
- “Natan and the Jewish Book Council are thrilled to announce two Fall 2019 Natan Notable Books: Susie Linfield’s The Lions’ Den: Zionism and the Left from Hannah Arendt to Noam Chomsky (Yale University Press, 2019) and Bari Weiss’s How to Fight Anti-Semitism (Crown, 2019).” NB: “The deadline for submission for Spring 2020 Natan Notable Books is January 1.”
- Job alert: “The Jewish Telegraphic Agency is looking to hire a razor-sharp editor in chief with digital savvy and creative vision to lead our news team into the future.”
- And, if you can believe it, I’m a cover girl this week in the New Jersey Jewish News! Check out Johanna Ginsberg’s amazingly generous profile of me and my soon-to-be-published poetry collection!
Shabbat shalom. And enjoy the upcoming Sukkot holiday!