Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.(more…)
Posts Tagged‘For Kids’
Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- “Is Everyone Hanging Out at the Evil Global Cabal Without Me?”—Jewish humor by Rebecca Saltzman.
- Event alert! “Recently, My Jewish Learning offered recommendations for a Jewish book for every age, from birth all the way to 120. Now, along with the Jewish Book Council, we invite you to discuss our literary picks — and the merits of making such a list — with an all-star group of Jewish authors, whose books appear among our recommendations.” Authors include Eric Kimmel, Naomi Ragen, and Peter Cole. “Their conversation will be moderated by Ben Harris, Managing Editor of My Jewish Learning, and introduced by Naomi Firestone-Teeter, Executive Director of the Jewish Book Council.” Happening online, at no charge, October 19.
- Sukkot, kidlit, and other Jewish holidays and kidlit (a mini-thread).
- Hadassah Magazine and jGirls+ magazine, an online publication by and for self-identifying Jewish girls, young women and nonbinary teens, announce their third annual teen essay contest, which this year asks: “Tell us a personal story about an issue that has affected your mental health.” Prize: “The winner will receive a $300 educational scholarship, the winning essay will be published in Hadassah Magazine, both in print and online, and in jGirls+ Magazine. And a one-year subscription to Hadassah Magazine is part of the prize as well.” Eligibility: “open to self-identifying Jewish girls, young women and nonbinary teens between the ages of 13 and 19 who reside in the United States, the District of Columbia and the State of Israel, except where prohibited by law.” Deadline: October 30.
- As Jeremy Burton reports, there is now a bridge named for American Jewish writer Cora Wilburn (1824-1906).
Shabbat shalom! And keep enjoying those holidays!