Friday Finds for Writers
Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Adam Morgan asked, “Could everyone please share your favorite thing you wrote in 2019?” And writers responded.
- A question of my own (inspired by my status this semester as a writer-who-teaches and a writer-with-a-new-book): Which inspires greater anxiety—reviews of your new book, or end-of-semester teaching evaluations?
- I always look forward to Kenyon Review‘s holiday reading recommendations from its staff/editors. (And maybe I’m even happier to encounter them this year because, as I mentioned in the latest Practicing Writer, for the first time in quite a while I’ve failed to assemble my own year-end book-rec feature.) And on KR’s 2019 list, I’m especially happy to see Patrice Gopo’s essay collection mentioned.
- Still more wisdom from Allison K. Williams (this time, focusing on some “best practices” for productive [non-irritating] promotion).
- And you’ll find a hearty helping of Jewish-lit links over on the My Machberet blog.
Have a great weekend!