Writing-related resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- I’m behind on so many things—including podcasts. This week, I finally listened to another superb episode of the Virtual Memories Show, featuring author and critic Daniel Mendelsohn. It cheered me.
- Solid tips on finding agents to query, via Allison K. Williams.
- Also super-smart: Jane Friedman’s “Guide to Getting the Most Out of a Writers Conference.”
- Earlier this week, as Publishers Weekly reported, “higher-ups from Macmillan met privately in their offices in New York for two hours on Monday with representatives of #DignidadLiteraria, a coalition of Latinx members of the literary, publishing, and academic communities, to discuss the recent controversy over this season’s Flatiron Books lead title, American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins, and attempt to chart a way forward.”
- And of course, there’s another set of Jewish-lit links available over on the My Machberet blog. (I’m especially excited about a new, Jewishly-focused writing retreat that’s planned to take place on the West Coast later this year.)
Have a good weekend, everyone.