Finds for Writers
Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- First things first: The May issue of The Practicing Writer went out to subscribers yesterday. In addition to 30 fee-free (and paying!) opportunities, this issue features a number of subscriber success stories. Read it, if you haven’t yet. (And if you aren’t a subscriber, sign up to receive the June newsletter as soon as it goes out.) And please share the issue with your networks.
- “The Kenyon Review is delighted to announce that Nicole Terez Dutton has been named KR’s new editor.”
- In which BookBub’s Diana Urban rounds up a variety of approaches for virtual book launches.
- New project from Alexandra Zapruder: “Writers, teachers, & historians: I’m launching Dispatches from Quarantine: Young People on Covid-19, a project to use writing made by young people in the past to inspire teens and young adults to document their experience of the coronavirus pandemic.”
- And don’t forget: Each week there’s a new collection of Jewish-lit links up on the My Machberet blog. Here’s the latest post.
P.S. In case you’ve missed it, this site maintains an (updated) of emergency resources for writers: bit.ly/EmergencyResourcesWriters. Please have a good, safe, healthy weekend.