Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- When it comes to writing contests/submissions, always read the fine print. That’s a message that can’t be mentioned too many times. As this Writer Beware post points out.
- It’s a busy time for Ayad Akhtar, whose latest book, Homeland Elegies, is on my tbr list—and who was just named the incoming president of PEN America.
- “For every ten doors that slam in your face, one or two crack open a tiny bit.” One of four lessons from self-publishing shared by Deanna Cabinian (fwiw: I’d say that lessons apply beyond self-publishing to lots of publishing experiences).
- In which translator Arthur Goldhammer “looks back on a life bringing the work of Thomas Piketty and others to readers of English.”
- And yes, there’s a new batch of Jewish lit links up on the My Machberet blog.
Have a good weekend, everyone.