Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- In which Margaret Sullivan, The Washington Post‘s media columnist, reports on a new list of the 10 greatest works of journalism from the past 10 years. (More/background info here.)
- Tips from Jenny Bhatt on the art of literary criticism (via Poets & Writers).
- Like way too many other recent acquisitions, my copy of Anne Trubek’s So You Want to Publish a Book? remains, so far, unread. But the author’s latest Substack dispatch makes me want to get to it soon. (And if you’ve been waiting to get your copy, that same dispatch includes a coupon code.)
- Once I meet my looming deadline, I think I’m going to join in this #MagazineCoverChallenge, as presented by Allison K. Williams over on the Brevity blog.
- And, as per usual, you’ll find a new batch of Jewish literary links posted over on the My Machberet blog.