Each week as Shabbat approaches, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- New-issue alert! My print copy of the latest issue of Lilith magazine arrived in the mail yesterday. You can also consult the current issue online.
- This week brought the official publication date for Nicole Krauss’s latest book (and first story collection), To Be a Man, which Molly Antopol has reviewed for The New York Times Book Review.
- ‘Tis the season for Jewish film festivals (or so it seems to me: I’m having trouble tracking them all!). Yesterday, for example, I was alerted to this Documentary Film Festival at the National Library of Israel.
- On another seasonal note: Over on JTA, Penny Schwartz reports on an array of new Hanukkah-themed books for children.
- And speaking of books for children—Kylie Ora Lobell has written and published one featuring a parent-character who, like Lobell, has converted to Judaism. Lobell and the book are the focus of this Tabby Refael column on the Jewish Journal site.
Shabbat shalom, everyone.