Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- If, like me, you missed last week’s live broadcast of the 2020 Rebekah Johnson Bobbitt National Prize for Poetry event, you can still celebrate Terrance Hayes (for his 2018 poetry collection American Sonnets for My Past and Future Assassin) and Natasha Trethewey for lifetime achievement) via the Library of Congress’s Facebook page, YouTube site, and Library website.
- A generous invitation from Ruben Quesada, for poets with books coming out in 2021.
- Select content from the January/February issue of Poets & Writers magazine is now available online.
- Columbia Journalism Review “has compiled some of the year’s most illuminating, hard-hitting, and enduring coverage of the pandemic” (including essays by Jesmyn Ward and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie).
- And there’s a fresh set of Jewish-lit links over on the My Machberet blog.
Wishing you all a good weekend.