- Coming soon from Jerusalism: “a special conversation on how literature awakens memory & Jewish Arabic identity with featured guest Almog Behar & MC Sarah Sassoon.”
- In case you missed a mention elsewhere: Tablet is currently accepting applications for the next round of its fellowship program.
- This week I finally picked up Max Gross’s novel The Lost Shtetl. Now I understand what so many people have been raving about! If you haven’t yet been introduced to the novel Bob Goldfarb’s recent interview with Gross for the Jewish Book Council may give you a good start.
- In the above-mentioned interview, Max Gross doesn’t sound exactly sanguine about the future of his short stories. Noting that the form can be “beleaguered,” Howard Freedman nonetheless makes a powerful case in this column for reading them—especially when they’re written by Nicole Krauss or Scott Nadelson.
- And I’m proud to tell you that yesterday one of the poems in my collection was featured on the Verse Daily website. (Find out which one!)