Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- On graduating into a pandemic: a newly-degreed freelance journalist (Julia Métraux) reflects.
- Coming soon: CUNY’s free (and, this year, virtual) Chapbook Festival.
- From Writer Beware: “You’ll find this post useful not just as an amusing account of unmasking a fraud, but as a series of tips on what should ring warning bells when you’re evaluating an agency’s website.”
- In which Lauren Oyler makes the case for semicolons. (I would have run across this in this weeken’d’s New York Times Magazine, but Jane Snyder mentioned it first.)
- And you’ll find freshly curated Jewish-lit links over on My Machberet.
Have a great weekend, everyone.