Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- “A [poetic] form called the Golden Shovel honors the poet Gwendolyn Brooks, and you just need a newspaper to get started.” Fabulous column by Leah Umansky for The New York Times.
- Speaking of poetry: a great roundup of #NationalPoetryMonth info from the National Writing Project.
- Via Cincinnati Review: some thoughts on “building writing community in the digital age.”
- ICYMI: the April newsletter, filled with fee-free/paying opportunities for writers of fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction, went out to subscribers on Wednesday.
- And of course, you can find a fresh set of Jewish-lit links over on the My Machberet blog. Included this week: news of a new prize that may interest writers.
Have a wonderful weekend!