Finds for Writers
Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Every newsletter from flash-fiction maven Kathy Fish is worth sharing, but the latest one, in which Kathy “defends” the “lowly” writing prompt, is so perfectly timed for me that I am especially glad to share it.
- In which Shelf Awareness recaps recent events at the American Booksellers Association.
- The “Most Valuable Tool of the Month” (as mentioned in the latest Garrett Public Relations newsletter) spotlighted something that I think could be helpful for both freelancing and book-promo purposes: Hunter. “Looking for someone’s email address? Hunter can help. There are times when you need to contact a journalist, for example, and you can’t find his or her email address. ‘Hunter lets you find professional email addresses in seconds and connect with the people that matter for your business,’ says the overview. The free version allows you 25 searches per month.”
- A not-so-enthusiastic take on literary prizes. (Found this one via The Literary Saloon.)
- And don’t miss the latest set of Jewish-lit links over on the My Machberet blog.
Have a great weekend.