Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Jane Friedman’s response to the question: “Should MFA Programs Teach the Business of Writing?” is well worth reading.
- Related: Lincoln Michel shares “Everything I’ve Learned about Being a ‘Professional’ Writer in One Post.”
- A fairly terrifying article by Megan McCluskey in TIME magazine: “How Extortion Scams and Review Bombing Trolls Turned Goodreads into Many Authors’ Worst Nightmare.”
- On a much happier note: Sara Lippmann traces the history of short-story reading that made her a short-story writer.
- And of course, there’s a new set of Jewish-lit links posted over on the My Machberet blog.
Have a great weekend, everyone.