Quick apology, everyone: I erred with the settings for this post, so initially, it went out on the Practicing Writing feed instead of My Machberet’s. I’m very sorry for any confusion that resulted.
Welcome to the first batch of links for the new Jewish year 5782!
- I’m proud to present my review of Dara Horn’s new essay collection People Love Dead Jews: Reports from a Haunted Present, which appears in the latest issue of Moment magazine.
- Mazal tov to Jennifer Tzivia MacLeod on the launch of When You Came: A Jewish Book of Arrival, Greeting, and Celebration, “a different kind of Jewish kids’ book,” the genesis of which you can read about in this lovely post.
- Speaking of Jewish kids’ books: I missed the Association of Jewish Libraries’ recent session on “Recommended Recent Jewish Children’s Books for Collection Development.” Luckily, the session’s recording is now available; I hope to watch it asap.
- The Book of Life podcast’s latest episode features an interview with Margret Aldrich, Director of Communications at the Little Free Library organization; the discussion includes exciting news about how Jewish books are being included in the organization’s Read In Color program.
- And just in case all of the foregoing isn’t enough to keep you busy—there’s a new issue of JewishFiction.Net to peruse, too.
Shabbat shalom, and g’mar chatima tova.