Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Happening later today (April 8), live in Iowa City and online: “Reading for Ukraine,” co-organized by Co-sponsored by Prairie Lights Bookstore, the Iowa City, Lviv, and Odessa UNESCO Cities of Literature, and International Programs.
- Happening Sunday (April 10): Jane Friedman’s next “Sunday Business Sermon.” The topic for this free session: “open q&a on email newsletters.”
- Happening next Wednesday (April 13): “Going Long: How to Make the Journey Worth 5,000+ Words,” a free webinar with Creative Nonfiction’s managing editor, Hattie Fletcher.
- From the Authors Guild: A “Minding Your Poetry Business” seminar will be held online the following Wednesday (April 20). “In this panel discussion moderated by former Philadelphia poet laureate Yolanda Wisher, four Philly-connected poets from different backgrounds discuss how they do business through writing, teaching, performing, consulting, and more. This panel will offer practical advice and real talk for poets anywhere about making a living through poetry, in new and old school ways.
- And of course, you’ll find a new set of Jewish-lit links posted over on the My Machberet blog.
Wishing everyone a good weekend.