Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Another dose of social-media advice from Allison K. Williams (this time, on Jane Friedman’s website).
- The New York Times‘s Elisabeth Egan goes “Inside the Best-Seller List” with author Sara Novic, whose novel True Biz, set largely within the fictional River Valley School for the Deaf, I am reading right now.
- The Library of Congress is celebrating Joy Harjo, the first Native American U.S. poet laureate, “as her three terms in the position come to a conclusion.” One of these celebratory programs took place last evening; if, like me, you missed it, you’ll be glad to know that there’s a recording for us.
- If you’re a subscriber to The Practicing Writer 2.0, expect the May issue to land in your inbox later today. In the meantime, some of the listings in the April issue still remain open today!
- And of course, there’s a new set of Jewish literary links posted over on the My Machberet blog.
Wishing everyone a good weekend.