Finds for Writers
Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Over on Twitter a few weeks ago, Debbie Ridpath Ohi asked, “Are you a traditionally published kidlit/YA creator who was rejected many times before getting your 1st book contract? To encourage others going thru rejections, pls reply with # rejections and/or one piece of helpful advice.” Do read the responses!
- In which Victoria Strauss/Writer Beware takes on the “author reality show idea.”
- “While I’m thrilled to see and support younger versions of myself making progress in this publishing world, I’m often reminded how that didn’t exist when I was warily testing the waters in my twenties and thirties and even part of my forties. Now, when I’m a better, more confident writer and know what I’m about, I’m coming up against the ageism wall.” From a fantastic interview with Jenny Bhatt, conducted by Sari Botton for the (also fantastic) Oldster.
- Recent updates at the Chill Subs site include new genre categories for translations and humor.
- And of course, you’ll find a fresh set of Jewish lit links over on the My Machberet blog.
Wishing everyone a good weekend.