Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- I love Melissa Ballard’s brief essay, “Byline,” on the Brevity blog.
- Coming soon (for some people, anyway): the ability to edit tweets.
- “The Independent Book Publishers Association has updated its Hybrid Publisher Criteria,” Publishers Weekly reports.
- ICYMI: The September issue of our popular newsletter went out to subscribers this week. Among other things, it’s packed with more than 60 fee-free opportunities for writers (no entry/sub fees; payment for winning/published work).
- And in the latest Jewish-lit links: a new organization for Jewish poets and poetry; a Genesis “prequel” by Etgar Keret (translated by Jessica Cohen); the “It Book” from the summer of 1947; more.
Have a good weekend.