Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- A reminder that September is National Translation Month. One way to mark it: perusing Jenny Bhatt’s latest translation-related links.
- From The Writer magazine: “15 fall writing prompts for your personal, professional, & creative writing practices.”
- The latest installment of The William Trevor Reader takes up a number of issues—including the structure (and publication) of novellas and short stories.
- The Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP) has transitioned its magazine The Writer’s Chronicle to an all-digital format. The new (September 2022) issue has been unlocked for all—you need not be an AWP member to access it.
- And there’s a fresh set of Jewish-lit links up on the My Machberet blog. I recommend in particular the new booklet from the Association of Jewish Libraries, Evaluating Jewish Representation in Children’s Literature: A Guide for Libraries. As I explain in the post, this guide has much to impart beyond children’s literature, and, for that matter, beyond libraries. I hope that you’ll check it out.
Have a good weekend.