Finds for Writers
Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Good-bye, Edith Pearlman (via Shelf Awareness).
- Just because I didn’t discover Robert Lee Brewer’s 2023 Get Started Right Writing Challenge until yesterday doesn’t mean I can’t make use of it—and maybe you can, too.
- From the UK-based The Bookseller: “Groups including Inklusion, CRIPtic Arts and #KeepFestivalsHybrid are calling on literary festivals to find ways to retain digital access provisions after several, including Edinburgh International Book Festival (EIBF), indicated they would have to cut back on hybrid options due to the ‘prohibitive’ cost.” (Hat tip: Mslexia.)
- “What Can We Learn from Barnes & Noble’s Surprising Turnaround?”—thoughts from Ted Gioia (hat tip: Roy L. Pickering, Jr.).
- And don’t miss the first set of Jewish-lit links for 2023 over on the My Machberet blog.
Have a good weekend, everyone.