Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- A reminder: Jewish Book Month 2023 begins next week. (It always begins one month before the first night of Hanukkah, which means that this year, the start date is November 7. And that, my friends, is next Tuesday!) How will you mark it?
- An announcement from the National Library of Israel: “Due to the difficult situation, and despite the resulting limitations and delays, we have decided to open the Library to readers and scholars. We welcome you to our new building, which opened on Sunday, October 29, 2023.”
- A message from Israel-based Jewish-kidlit creator Tzivia MacLeod.
- Literary Modiin will hold a second solidarity session Sunday, November 19, at 20:00 Israel time / 1 pm Eastern, featuring readings by Vivian Cohen, Rachel Neve-Midbar, Yonatan Berg with Joanna Chen, Aviya Kushner, Joan Leegant, “and possibly a few more.” Register here.
- Finally, and icymi: two new items from me: a list of my own published Israel-related writings and “After October 7: Readings, Recordings, and Resources,” a document-in-progress.