Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- “Philanthropists must address urgent needs in Israel – and one of those is supporting journalism.” So argues Rebecca Dinar in a new piece for eJewish Philanthropy. (Included: several relevant organizations she suggests supporting.)
- Speaking of journalism—this report is alarming.
- A powerful open letter from Australian Jewish artists (including writers) and academics.
- And one (which I have signed) that welcomes signatures from around the world, Jewish and non-Jewish, addressing “antisemitism, Israel, and the literary community.”
- Throughout the week I’ve continued to update the “After October 7: Readings, Recordings, and More” document-in-progress. Please bookmark and consult as you are inclined.
And a quick reminder that in this month before the first night of Hanukkah (December 7, this year), we observe Jewish Book Month. There is no better time to amplify Jewish books (and of course, that includes Israel-infused books). I’m trying to do my part on Twitter.