Pre-Shabbat Jewish Literary Links
Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- Applications for the 2020 session of the Yiddish Book Center’s Great Jewish Books Summer Program for current high-school sophomores and juniors) are now open, as are applications for the 2020 session of the Great Jewish Books Teacher Summer Seminar for middle- and high-school teachers.
- Exciting to find “New Israeli Fiction” featured in The New York Times Book Review (also exciting: to find that the column is written by Rachel Kadish).
- A new profile in New Jersey Jewish News has introduced me to the work of “Ukrainian-Jewish-American poet Tamara (‘Toma’) Zbrizher” who “plumbs ideas from contemporary life and reveals the richness hiding in plain sight. Even the simplest actions echo with meaning in her verse.”
- And speaking of poetry: This week brought the official release of my own debut collection (Birthright)! It’s been an amazing time. I’m trying to share developments via social media, but you can also find all of the interviews, reviews, excerpts, and more neatly tracked on this page. (And by more, I mean, among other things, a giveaway opportunity. Click over. You’ll see that labeled.)
- One of the aforementioned reviews of my book appears in the latest issue of Lilith; check out the entire table of contents for that issue right here.