Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- “Virtual Book Events Are Making My Month”: That’s the title of a new post from Yi Shun Lai (it might also be the title of these “Finds,” as well as of the latest Jewish-lit links post you’ll read more about momentarily).
- Happening this Saturday (April 25) and next Sunday (May 3): the Newburyport Literary Festival—yes, online.
- “Join us for the AWP Virtual Book Club: a book club with a unique craft focus. Our featured book for April/May is Sue William Silverman’s How to Survive Death and Other Inconveniences.“
- Once upon a time, back when I left my apartment, I sat in on a social-media session at a writing conference that was facilitated by Sree Sreenivasan. So I was intrigued when I saw that this week, he’d led an online “Twitter Tutorial.” I haven’t watched it yet, but am confident that it’s worth your time. (HT Susan S. Sawyers)
- And if I say so myself, there’s a terrific batch of Jewish-lit links up today on the My Machberet blog: new books, newly recorded events, and more.
And the newly routine reminder that in case you’ve missed it, this site maintains an (updated) of emergency resources for writers: bit.ly/EmergencyResourcesWriters. Please have a good, safe, healthy weekend.