Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- Upcoming Jewish Review of Books webinars will feature conversations with Benjamin Balint, Allegra Goodman, and Sarah Abrevaya Stein.
- I’m hoping to set aside some time in the not-too-distant future to watch this recent Zoominar on the state of Jewish journalism, featuring President and CEO of the Jewish Funders Network Andrés Spokoiny; Editor in Chief of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency Philissa Cramer;and Moment Deputy Editor Sarah Breger.
- Jewish journalism is now without yet another print newspaper, with Los Angeles’s Jewish Journal announcement that its print edition is ceasing.
- Next week will bring a day-long virtual symposium titled “On the Margins of Contemporary Jewish Orthodoxies,” which will include a panel on “OTDs in Literature and Film” (full schedule and registration instructions).
- And we approach a somber second anniversary, take note: Earlier this week, Pittsburgh’s City of Asylum hosted Beth Kissileff and Eric Lidji, co-editors of the new anthology, Bound in the Bond of Life: Pittsburgh Writers Reflect on the Tree of Life Tragedy. You can catch a recording of this moving event and learn even more about the project from this excellent piece by Judy Bolton-Fasman.