Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Superb tips from Allison K. Williams, this time regarding “freshening up” your author self’s online presence.
- Solid threaded advice from Adam Morgan on pitching book reviews (the one observation I’ll offer is that not all publishers can afford to participate in Edelweiss, so make it a habit to check the sites and catalogs of those presses, too, to find out about their upcoming releases).
- In which Writer Beware’s Victoria Strauss warns against fake literary agencies.
- In case you missed them: The New York Society Library is “pleased to make our full season of major fall events available for streaming as of the dates below. Join us at noon on any of these dates to chat with others at a streaming premiere watch party!”
- And there are a couple of opportunities for writers, and more good stuff, in the latest Jewish Lit Links post over on the My Machberet blog.
Have a wonderful weekend.