Jewish Literary Links
Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- A timely poem, “Afikomen,” by Jean Nordhaus (on the Moment magazine website).
- The Tikvah Fund has made Ruth Wisse’s online course on George Eliot’s novel Daniel Deronda available at no charge.
- Contest alert from the Forward: “In partnership with The Jewish Education Project and BBYO we’re asking middle-school and high-school age students to submit an essay, a story, or maybe even a poem about the meaning of freedom in 2020 America. We’ll publish some of the best entries on our site and award a cash prize of $180 to the top essay in three age categories.” Deadline: April 17.
- From the Jewish Book Council: Ruth Andrew Ellenson’s feature article about four rediscovered women writers.
- And don’t forget that I’ll be presenting a reading from Birthright: Poems online this Sunday. There’s no charge; register here. (By the way, according to The Jewish Week‘s Sandee Brawarsky, Birthright makes a great Passover gift—especially this year.)
Shabbat Shalom—and good health to all.